ORACLE

9/27/2010

Raid on Black Goat Wood In Use

Alex Schröder, who served as one of this year's One Page Dungeon Contest judges, talks about using Raid on Black Goat Wood on his blog. This was my entry in the contest that brought home "Best Cthulhu". I think Alex's implementation of this adventure into his weekly campaign is spot on, and I am glad to get the feedback as well. This is one of the files I moved from Scribd and am now hosting on Google Documents, so if you have not checked it out please do so.

5 comments:

Sean Robson said...

I'm a big fan of the one-page dungeon format. They can be placed on the campaign map for players to encounter or not then used at the drop of a hat, or they can be fleshed out into full-fledged adventures.

I've never been much interested in adventure modules as I find they usually need too much work to fit into my campaign, and I'd rather make my own adventures anyway; but one-page dungeons are ideal as 'idea-seeds' that can be worked up into a unique, original adventure without having to reverse engineer them.

I haven't used Raid on Black Goat Wood yet, but I'll let you know how things turn out if I get a chance to insert it into the campaign.

christian said...

Gorgeous layout, sir.
:)

Chad Thorson said...

Very nice indeed! I'll do game report as soon as I run this!

Jeremy Deram said...

played it tonight. Had to tone it down a bit for a low-level group, but it was a lot of fun and did a nice job creeping everyone out. The pcs were hired to rescue a farmer's daughter. Can't wait to see their reaction in a few weeks when they discover she's preggers!

Shane Mangus said...

@Aplus - Very, very cool! I am glad the adventure is still getting some use. If you happen to write up a review please let me know.