ORACLE

5/15/2010

Dungeons & Dagons™ Character Record Sheet

What do you get when you take Labyrinth Lord and taint it with a huge helping of Sword & Sanity? Dungeons & Dagons™, thats what! Here is the character sheet, complete with old school look and feel, and Lovecraftian illustrations penned by the mighty Dave Carson.
Dungeons & Dagons Character Record Sheet

*Here is my attempt at a legal disclaimer: this document is a work of satire. It is being distributed freely to the public, and no revenue is being generated in doing so. Dungeons & Dragons™ is ©1995-2010 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

Sean Robson said...

Yoink!

Cool character sheet, thanks for sharing, Shane!

Akrasia said...

Looks cool! The borders look familiar (from hyboria.xoth.net, I believe).

But isn't there only one "Dagon"?

Shane Mangus said...

@Sean - thanks, man!

@Akrasia - The borders are by Dave Carson, and yes they are being used (without permission) at the website you mentioned. I have the permission from the artist to use them for this PDF. As to being "only one 'Dagon'", of course there is only one Father Dagon, but it is a pun and Dungeons & Dagon just doesn't have the right ring to it.

Aaron E. Steele said...

But where is the sanity point box?

;D

Peter Regan said...

Smashing. I like the idea of the ammunition 'slots'. Think I'll add something like that to my advanced sheets when I update them.

Shane Mangus said...

@Paladin - good one! :-) No need for sanity points. Here is how I handle sanity and horror in my game: http://swordandsanity.blogspot.com/2010/01/spelling-out-horror-and-sanity-in.html

@Editor - glad you like it! I plan to have a version of this character sheet that will be a straight laced Labyrinth Lord sheet. I think I will offer it as a one-pager and as a two-pager.

Sean Robson said...

P. S. Mangus said...

... but it is a pun and Dungeons & Dagon just doesn't have the right ring to it.

That pun was awesome, by the way; it almost made me spray coffee out my nose.