The Summoning of a Dark Minion
Author: Selmenaric the Misshapened
Effect: to call out to another plane of existence and invite a minor Outsider (1-4 Hit Dice) to serve as the sorcerer’s minion. If the sorcerer fails the required skill check against his Sorcery skill there is a 90% chance that the creature summoned will arrive hostile and attack the caster, or a 10% chance that the ritual will attract the attention of a more powerful Outsider. If the skill check is successful then the creature is summoned and under the control of the caster. What is summoned is determined by the game master.
- Verbal: lengthy incantation found in The Codex
- Somatic: commanding arm and hand gestures made while standing within a protective magic circle.
- Material: protective magic circle drawn on the ritual chamber’s floor. This requires a stick of chalk that contains fire-stone powder. Specific runic symbols are drawn along the circle’s edge.
- Material: a triangle of evocation drawn on the ritual chamber’s floor. This triangle should point due east, and is drawn using the same chalk required for the protective circle.
- Location: prepared ritual chamber
- Time: ritual performed at midnight
Casting Time: 1 hour
Duration: the life of the summoned minion
Range: the ritual reaches out to another plane of existence. The summoned creature appears in the triangle of evocation.
Sorcery Skill Level: Sorcery at level 2
Sanity Cost: 3d6
Saving Throw: none
- Blink Dog
- Small Elemental