ORACLE

7/25/2011

[Music Mondays] Corvus Corax

Tonight, I would like to share a few selections from German Neo-Medieval drum and bagpipe band, Corvus Corax. I am a longtime fan, and have used their music during my games on more than a few occasions. Their sound is firmly rooted in early music traditions, while also possessing a bombastic quality that is normally found in more modern musical genres, such as heavy metal. Their stage presence is an odd mix of medieval and Mad Max, with flamboyant costumes and hairstyles. Despite this, the groups's members have gone to great lengths to keep their sound authentically medieval as possible, even going so far as to handcraft their own instruments. Their live show looks to be a ton of fun, and I hope to be lucky enough to attend one someday.


3 comments:

R.R. Hunsinger said...

More Corvus!

Shane Mangus said...

I agree! I am sure I will be sharing more as time goes on.

Mark Siefert said...

A while back, I saw their cover of "This Corrosion" on YouTube. Never saw the pipes rocked harder.