ORACLE

9/22/2010

My Iconic D&D Image(s)

I know I am a little late to this party, but I have been out of town this past week. Here is my response to this question:


OK, so I chose two images, but I have always felt that these were companion pieces and should be viewed as two parts of a whole.

In my mind Erol Otus had a knack of capturing the essence of D&D in his work and he is my favorite of the TSR staff artists. When I see the cover art for these boxsets I get an overwhelming sense of nostalgia and a compulsion to roll up a new character. Nuff said...

2 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Those are fantastic images.

While I love the clones and the new D&D4 stuff, nothing is quite like these boxed sets.

Chad Thorson said...

Erol Otis' images really capture the magic and mystery that is D&D. Personally the Red Box is the image that always pops into my head, but this is a very close second.