ORACLE

4/22/2011

[1PDC20011] My Top Picks

So last night I finished up going over all the entries for this year's One Page Dungeon Contest, and I got my top picks turned into Alex. For those interested, here they are (in no particular order):
I rated each entry from 1 to 5 in both Function (mainly how easily it would be to use the 1PD at the game table) and Design (layout, graphics, overall presentation), and then took the average to come up with an Overall score. These eight entries were the only ones on my list to all score above 4 in the Overall rating, which made them my top picks. The category titles are mine, and are subject to change as other judges suggest their own titles and we all hash everything out.

If your entry is not on my list, please do not be disappointed. I had over 30 entries that scored at least a 4 out of 5 in the final Overall rating, so there is a LOT of good stuff to be found in this year's contest, but sadly I could not include them all on my final list. I urge those who haven't to take a look for themselves, as I am positive everyone will find at least one entry that will be of use to them at the game table.

Also, I want to let all those who submitted an entry into this year's contest know that I am willing to share my thoughts and opinions of all the entries directly with each of you, so just email me (psmangus at gmail dot com) to let me know if you are interested. I tried to be as objective as possible while judging the entries, and any criticism I might have will be constructive, and I hope helpful.

Over the next week or so all the judges will be corresponding back and forth, and we will take all the top picks and whittle them down to the final winners. It will be interesting to see the final list and who comes out on top.

5 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Crikey! I submitted "Horror Comes to Haddonfield" with no expectation of anyone picking it, and simply because I realised I had a one page scenario lying around and thought "why not?"

Thanks very much for making it one of your picks, and if you have any feedback on it, I'd love to see it.

Shane Mangus said...

@Kelvin - OK, you talked me out of it. I change my mind.... kidding! :-)

I will email you the notes I have for your entry.

Aaron E. Steele said...

I would have had a heck of a time as a judge, all the entries were excellent. Kudos to you and the other judges who offered your time and expertise, and all those who submitted entries for putting themselves out there!

Jensan said...

Sent you a mail!

Shane Mangus said...

@Jensan - received and replied to. :-)