ORACLE

1/02/2011

[Sword & Sanity RPG] Fundraiser

It is done... the fundraiser for Swords Against the Outer Dark: Sword & Sanity Roleplaying has officially begun!

A while back I posted a poll to try and gauge the interest in the possibility of using Kickstarter to start a pledge drive to raise funds for expenses (read art budget) that I would need help covering to publish the book properly. I decided not to take this route, and see if by offering a few items of swag would do the trick instead. In the end I just did not want to ask people to donate money. I wanted to offer something more immediately tangible to those willing to help support this project.

I have designed and added a few items on Zazzle, and they should be showing up in my storefront anytime now. I was very surprised and pleased with the feedback I received on the poll I posted, which presented the idea of a pledge drive in the first place. Now I hope I can generate the same kind of interest with this fundraiser.

As an added incentive to help generate more interest in this fundraiser, I am willing to email anyone who purchases an item from my storefront a PDF copy of the beta version of the game (once it is ready), as well as acknowledging them in the book as a participants in this fundraiser. All I ask is that you take a picture of yourself displaying the item and email it to me. I can be reached through my Google profile, which is linked on the sidebar on the right. Easy enough I think. If you receive a beta version of the game and actually help playtest it, your name will be included under the credits for "Playtesters" as well.

If there are items anyone is interested in that I do not have up for sale please let me know, and I will try to make them available. Also, do not hesitate to let me know if you have questions. This is the first time I have ever attempted anything like this, so I am learning as I go. I am just crossing my fingers that this will work, and everything will go off without a hitch. I just want to thank everyone ahead of time, and I will report back with an update as soon as I have something interesting to share.

3 comments:

Fenway5 said...

Fantastic and well worth it! I bought a coffee mug to insure when the stars are right I am caffeinated properly for the fight! Good luck on the fund raising!

mntineer said...

Shane -

You may want to post a blurb to the Raleigh Tabletop RPGs site too. Hey, membership has its privileges, and you have a pool of 250 possible gamers who might be interested in giving a fellow a foot up on achieving his dream and being turned on to a different avenue of Horro/Cthulhu genre gaming! I'll be putting in my swag order quite soon. :-)

Eric

Shane Mangus said...

@Fenway5 - thank you for taking the plunge! Every cent I receive is most appreciated, and will keep Mr. Huth's ink flowing toward the project.

@Eric - I took you advice and posted an overview of the project on the Raleigh Tabletop RPGs Meetup forum. Thanks for reminding me to do that. And thanks for any swag you happen to snag! ;-)