ORACLE

1/06/2011

Realms of Crawling Chaos Coming From Goblinoid Games

I knew Daniel Proctor had this one in the works, but was unable to discuss it until he made the announcement. I am glad to see that Goblinoid Games will finally be publishing Realms of Crawling Chaos later on this year. Here is the blurb from Dan's blog:
In R’lyeh, Cthulhu Stirs…

Evil cultists consummate their union with Shub-Niggurath in dark woods no mortal dares go. Alien terrors lurk in the underworld; their vast riches wait, or their incomprehensible powers could leave you broken, dead, or worse. Adventure in underworlds filled with horrible entities, or the ruins of alien beings that enslaved the ape-like ancestors of mankind. Seek hidden secrets from the arctic wastes to dark, briny seas. But as you approach the ocean, what are those strange longings you feel?

Realms of Crawling Chaos is a Lovecraftian Dark Fantasy campaign supplement for Labyrinth Lord and the Advanced Edition Companion. Referees can incorporate the new material into existing campaigns, or design an entirely new milieu of gritty sword and sorcery gaming.

In this book you will find:

New player races from the works of H. P. Lovecraft, including white apes, white ape hybrids, sea blood, and subhumans. New races are presented both as race-class options and as races for use with advanced classes.

New spells

New monsters

New artifacts and a system for designing unique artifacts

Rules for psionics, fully compatible with Mutant Future

Pages: 64

Written by Daniel Proctor and Michael Curtis

6 comments:

Clovis Cithog said...

damn them,
they scooped you -
they should of had the courtesy (with confidentiality) to let you know such a project was underworks before you invested so much time and emotional energy into
Swords against the Outer Dark

Trey said...

Interesting. It's like an Old School Cthulhu Rennaissance is cranking up.

Dan of Earth said...

That's exactly what I did Clovis, long time back actually. But....IMHO there is plenty of room for this new game. It doesn't in any way invalidate Shane's game. I'm sure I cover ground he doesn't, and he covers ground I don't.

Shane Mangus said...

@Dan - Thanks for clearing that up. I agree wholeheartedly. I can't wait to see RoCC released.

@Clovis - In all fairness Dan sent me an early copy of RoCC for review earlier this year. I decided to proceed with my project knowing full well what Dan had cooking. And just as Dan had been developing his project for a few years, I too have been working on Swords Against the Outer Dark long before I knew I would name it that or begin to blog about it.

Carcosa and LotFP are already out there and people are loving those games. I honestly believe that RoCC is going to offer the gaming public something different than the previously mentioned games. And I know I am developing a product that is different than all of them. I'm not say better, just different.

Sean Robson said...

I agree that there's plenty of room for all. There's no such thing as too much Lovecraftian goodness! I look forward to seeing both publications.

C'nor (Outermost_Toe) said...

"Evil cultists consummate their union with Shub-Niggurath in dark woods no mortal dares go."

So then, the cultists are immortal?

Of course that could be assumed. I'm rather late to the party, as I haven't read any of the stuff that inspired the setting yet.