ORACLE

2/10/2010

[Blog Alert] Propnomicon

Propnomicon is a very interesting blog I have followed for a good while now that is dedicated to documenting the activities of the Lovecraftian prop making community, and other similar subject matter that Mythos-prop fans might find interesting. I have to say that this is probably the most consistantly updated blog that I have on my blog roll. This guy is a blogging monster, and his posts are always interesting and I find them inspiring as a gamer. I plan to post more on the importance of using props at the game table in the near future. I have a modest collection of Mythos inspired props myself, and I have even dabbled in crafting some for my own personal use.

Blurb from Propnomicon:
Propnomicon focuses on horror and fantasy props of interest to fans of H. P. Lovecraft and players of the "Call of Cthulhu" role playing game. That includes items directly inspired by Lovecraft's writing, DIY information for creating your own works, printable paper props, and source materials related to the 1920's and 30's, the "classic era" of the Cthulhu Mythos. Beyond that, the proprietor of the blog also enjoys pulp action stories, classic supernatural horror, mad science, and the occasional foray into more modern interpretations of the Mythos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this blog! Thanks for the update! Lovecraft in general has been a huge influence on my adult life, but I am sadly spatially-challenged enough that I could never MAKE anything in the sense of this blog's posts.

Propnomicon said...

@ P. S. Magnus

Thank you for the very kind words. As much as I'd like to take credit for being a dedicated post-producing machine the truth is I get a lot of help from readers who send me interesting stuff. Even with that aid there are still days where coming up with something is a struggle.

That said, I'll see if I can come up with some props that would be more applicable to your S&S take on the Mythos.

@adventurematerials

Propmaking is a lot easier than you think. Simple items like a tea-stained scroll can provide a huge boost to immersiveness without requiring much effort at all.